Your Essential Buying Guide for ICI Bumpers
Aftermarket bumpers can upgrade your truck into an off-road beast, but picking the right one can be challenging.
You have to consider dozens of aspects—from simple details like bumper coating to more complex ones like design, quality of construction material, and accessory options.
That said, choosing the right bumper for your vehicle doesn’t have to be complicated.
Today, we’ll simplify it for you. To help you make an informed buying decision, we’ll walk you through:
- The top four Innovative Creations Inc. (ICI) bumpers you need to know about
- Why you should buy ICI bumpers
- Factors that matter when buying bumpers
Top 4 ICI Bumpers You Need to Know About
There are four ICI bumpers that really stand ahead of the competition. Below, we’ll explore these top pick bumpers.
However, you might be wondering who Innovative Creations Inc. is.
Innovative Creations Inc. is a bumper brand with over 30 years of experience. Their long existence in the industry proves their commitment to high-quality bumper manufacturing and customer satisfaction.
With that said, we’ll explore the following top four ICI bumpers to ensure you get the right fit for your vehicle.
ICI AL-FBM96DGN-RT Aluminum Front Bumper, Dodge Ram 1500, 2013–2018
No bull bar option to provide complete frontal protection
ICI AL-FBM94CHN-RT Aluminum Front Bumper, Chevrolet Silverado 2500/3500
Non-winch compatible, meaning you’ll need to buy a separate winch
ICI AL-FBM90TYN-RT Aluminum Front Bumper, Toyota Tacoma 2005–2015
No shackle mounts, leaving you with only one recovery option (winch)
ICI AL-RBM97DGN Aluminum Rear Bumper, Dodge Ram, 2009–2018
Simple rear design that’s unsuitable if you want an aggressive look on your vehicle
Let’s move on to a detailed and unbiased review of all of the bumpers mentioned above.
1. ICI Aluminum Front Bumper, Dodge Ram 1500, 2013–2018
ICI AL-FBM96DGN-RT Aluminum Front Bumper, Dodge Ram 1500, 2013-2018
If you’re looking for a stunning and functional bumper to grab people’s attention in your off-road adventures, this bumper will suit you best.
It has a triple powder-coated finish and unique styling that wraps around the front of your vehicle to the fenders for additional protection.
It offers multiple lighting options to improve your night driving experience. It specifically houses 3-inch LED cube lights (on the sides) and one 20-inch LED light bar (in the center).
The bumper will also fit your vehicle’s factory parking sensors and tow hooks (in their original mounting points), ensuring a hassle-free bumper replacement.
- It’s made of rigid aluminum that’s durable and resistant to corrosion.
- It’s lightweight (110 lbs) to improve vehicle handling and fuel mileage when driving.
- It has a limited lifetime warranty (on the construction) and a two-year warranty (on the finish or coating).
- It’s highly customizable to allow you to personalize the bumper to your taste.
- It lacks full bull bars and brush guards that protect the front of your truck.
- It lacks shackle mounts and is winch-incompatible, so you have fewer recovery options in the event of a breakdown.
2. ICI Aluminum Front Bumper, Chevrolet Silverado 2500/3500
ICI AL-FBM94CHN-RT Aluminum Front Bumper, Chevrolet Silverado 2500/3500
This bumper provides additional clearance from your front wheels. If your truck has bigger front tires, you won’t have to trim the bumper to fit between them.
The bumper houses two 3-inch cube LED lights and one 20-inch LED light bar that improve your vehicle’s lighting on foggy days and when night driving.
It has sharp curves that will complement your vehicle’s body lines and give it a stunning visual impact during off-road trips. The bumper comes with a high-quality powder coating that enhances your vehicle’s beauty and corrosion resistance.
- It provides several lighting options for night driving and driving through fog.
- It’s made of lighter-than-steel aluminum to improve performance.
- It fits the factory tow hooks to enable towing.
- It comes with a ready-to-install design (no drilling, cutting, or welding) for fast and straightforward installation.
- Aluminum is lighter than steel, so the bumper might not fully protect your truck during collisions.
3. ICI Aluminum Front Bumper, Toyota Tacoma 2005–2015
ICI AL-FBM90TYN-RT Aluminum Front Bumper, Toyota Tacoma 2005-2015
If you’re looking for a winch bumper for your Toyota Tacoma, you can’t go wrong with this ICI front bumper.
It has a steel winch carrier that can hold a 15,000 lb winch with a bolt pattern of 4.5 x 10-inches for recovery options in case of a breakdown.
The bumper has an aggressive look and stunning finish that’ll transform your truck into an off-road beast.
You can easily customize it with the available lighting options—it fits four 3-inch cubic LED lights and a 20-inch LED light bar.
- It’s winch-compatible, providing a recovery option in case of a breakdown.
- It provides several lighting options for customizability and improved lighting at night.
- It has a stunning look that will improve your vehicle’s front end design.
- It’s lighter than most ICI bumpers (100 lbs) to improve truck performance.
- It lacks a tow hook and shackle mounts, leaving you only one recovery option (winch).
4. ICI Aluminum Rear Bumper, Dodge Ram, 2009–2018
ICI AL-RBM97DGN Aluminum Rear Bumper, Dodge Ram, 2009-2018
It has a step design for easy access to your pickup’s cargo area, and it’s one of the most versatile ICI bumpers for three reasons:
- It can work with or without backup sensors, depending on your preference.
- It fits your Ram truck with or without the factory dual exhaust system.
- It accommodates two KC LED backup lights, allowing you to customize the bumper to your needs.
- It has a stunning design that enhances your truck’s appearance.
- It accommodates backup lights for safety when reversing.
- Its low-profile design is unsuitable for truck enthusiasts wanting an aggressive look. The design doesn’t have room for accessories, and it’s not highly customizable like the high-profile type.
Why Should You Buy ICI Bumpers?
ICI Uses Aluminum to Manufacture Bumpers (Which Has More Benefits Than Steel)
While steel is more durable, aluminum has more benefits as a material for bumpers.
Aluminum is lighter, and it’s almost 2.5 times less dense than steel, meaning you can make the bumper thicker (and more durable) without making it too heavy.
It’s lighter on your vehicle’s suspension as well, which will help economize your fuel, increase towing capability, and improve truck handling.
Aluminum also offers superior corrosion resistance. ICI uses aluminum grade 5052 (marine-grade quality) that doesn’t rust, saving you money on frequent painting, powder coating, or even another bumper replacement.
Lastly, aluminum is flexible. While steel is rigid and resilient, aluminum is more elastic and malleable. In short, aluminum can absorb twice as much force as steel without cracking, therefore improving your truck’s protection.
ICI Has Stunning Bumper Designs
Besides performance benefits, ICI aluminum bumpers enhance the appearance of your truck.
With unique and precise curved surfaces, ICI bumpers blend naturally with your vehicle’s OEM design. The textured black powder coat gives the bumpers a sleek and aggressive look, ensuring your truck stands out from the pack.
ICI Bumpers Are Highly Customizable
Depending on your vehicle model and year, ICI bumpers can house LED lighting, winches, and front cameras.
Most ICI bumpers can fit factory parking sensors and tow hooks, while others work with adaptive cruise control and blind-spot alert systems. As a result, you can customize the bumper to your needs in many ways.
Each ICI bumper fits a specific vehicle for fast and easy installation—no drilling, welding, or metal cutting required.
The bumpers have custom designs to ensure you use all the OEM features on your truck.
Four Factors That Matter When Buying Bumpers
Regardless of the bumper you choose, these are the most important aspects to remember before making a decision.
The features you want on your bumper: Your primary concern should be the construction material since it determines the bumper’s durability. Steel and aluminum are the most common construction materials for off-road bumpers.
Steel is more rigid and resilient, so it’s heavier but more durable. Aluminum, on the other hand, is more elastic and malleable, so it's lighter on your vehicle’s suspension, economizing your fuel and improving truck handling.
Other features you can consider are lighting options, winch compatibility, Prerunner and full brush guard options (for front bumpers), and coating. For example, the ICI Toyota Tacoma 2005–2015 bumper has better winch compatibility than the ICI Chevrolet Silverado 2500/3500.
How are you using your vehicle? Are you an off-road or on-road driver? This answer will help you choose the bumper most suitable for your specific application.
If you’re an off-road driver, you’ll need a high-profile bumper that’s more durable to withstand the harsh off-road conditions. But if you frequently drive on main roads, a low-profile bumper may suit you best.
Vehicle specificity: The best bumper should have a ready-to-install design—no fabrication necessary. The hardware sizes and holes of mounting brackets should match OEM specifications.
- OEM or aftermarket bumpers? While both OEM and aftermarket bumpers have custom designs, they differ in price, quality of construction material, and availability on the market. Aftermarket bumpers usually meet all of these criteria and are suitable for off-road driving.
Buy Your ICI Bumper From Royal Truck Accessories
At Royal Truck Accessories, we provide value in three ways:
- You’ll get stunning and robust bumper designs that are easy to install.
- Our friendly customer care ensures a hassle-free buying experience. We’ll help you choose the right bumper for your truck.
- You’ll get high-quality bumpers at affordable prices, and we’ll ship your order fast.
Here’s what a verified buyer had to say about us:
For more information, contact us or visit our site.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are ICI bumpers made in the USA?
Yes. ICI bumpers are made in Phoenix, Arizona. So buying ICI bumpers supports the US economy and a local manufacturer without sacrificing quality.
Are locally-manufactured bumpers superior to imported ones?
It depends on the local brand and supplier you buy from. While imported bumpers tend to be cheap, local ones are generally superior in quality.
Are aftermarket bumpers new or used parts?
Aftermarket bumpers are as new as OEMs, but are more often made with better quality for off-road and on-road driving.
Leave a comment