Cost of Road Armor Bumpers in the USA: Buyers Guide
The bumper industry has dozens of aftermarket brands to choose from, but only a few produce heavy-duty bumpers that offer uncompromised protection and beauty.
Road Armor is one such brand.
Since stepping into the industry in 2000, the company has built bumpers with a keen focus on strength, style, and customization.
As a result, Road Armor bumpers are vehicle-specific and complement the natural body lines of your SUV, Jeep, or truck.
To help you make an informed buying decision, we’ve created this guide to cover everything you need to know about Road Armor bumpers.
Table of Contents
Why Should You Choose Road Armor Truck Bumpers?
Getting a perfect-fit front or rear bumper is one hassle you’ll face when scouring the market.
Luckily, Road Armor truck bumpers are custom-made to fit your vehicle’s specifications.
Using your truck’s model, make, year, and the Road Armor series you prefer (which we’ll get into later), you’ll get the perfect bumper for your machine.
Installing the bumper yourself is easy—no fabrication, cutting, or welding is necessary. The product comes with a direct bolt application (for all but the Builder series).
The brand also offers bumper installation manuals for all vehicle models they deal with, saving you money on labor.
Wide Range of Bumpers
Road Armor provides multiple fitments, bumper series, and designs to upgrade your vehicle’s aesthetics and cool factor.
American Made Bumpers
Road Armor products are 100% made in Texas, USA.
Road Armor produces stylish, top-quality bumpers with attention to detail, superior materials (highest-grade steel), and advanced manufacturing technology.
Lifetime Product Warranty
There’s no sweeter warranty deal on the market today.
When you buy a Road Armor bumper, the warranty will last for the product’s lifetime.
Be sure to check out conditions that apply.
Road Armor Bumper Series
Road Armor truck bumpers are available in eight series for eight car brands—Ram, Nissan, Ford, Chevrolet, GMC, Jeep, Toyota, and Hummer.
This line has made Road Armor rise in popularity.
The Stealth Series is super heavy-duty. While most durable bumpers are made of 12 gauge steel, these are built with 3/16 gauge steel, making them superior. They’re approximately 5.6 times stronger than 12 gauge steel bumpers.
Here’s what to expect from a bumper in this series:
- It comes with or without winch mounts, depending on your preference
- Guard options are available, ranging from a base bumper to a full grille guard
- CNC laser-precision cuts
- Both front and rear bumpers are compatible with the factory sensors of your vehicle
- Most come with 1/4-inch thick mounting brackets
- Front and rear fitments for headlights, fog light, tail light, and more
This series offers a lightweight option with complete protection.
Here’s what it offers:
- 11 gauge steel bumpers (lighter than the Stealth series) with 7 gauge steel bracketry
- Bumpers have multiple light mounting options and are sensor-compatible with your vehicle model
- Bolt-on accessories and an 8-inch accent light kit
- Comes with front and rear fitments, CNC laser-precision cuts, and direct bolt-on application
As the name implies, the builder series will help you build your dream bumper if you have fabrication skills. However, if you’re looking for a ready-to-install bumper, this series may not be for you.
The best part is that Road Armor will pay you back $100 for fabricating your own bumper.
The properties of the Builder Series include:
- 3/16-inch heavy-duty steel
- 1/4-inch bumper brackets
- 7/8-inch shackle mounts, CNC laser-precision cuts, and direct bolt-on designs
- Front bumper components come with or without winch mounts, base unit, and prerunner options, depending on what you choose
- Rear bumper comes with a winch mount
- Components are compatible with your car’s factory light ports
This series gives you control over finish options, mesh insert style, light, and shackle mounts.
They usually come unfinished, so you can paint-match them to your style.
The properties of the Identity Series include:
- 3/16 heavy-duty steel
- The bumper may have or lack shackle mounts, depending on your choice
- Multiple options for light mounts
- Comes with front and rear fitments, end pods for standard or wide flares, and is compatible with your vehicle’s factory sensors
Buyer’s Guide to Road Armor Aftermarket Truck Bumpers
|$2757.21||2011–2016 Ford F-250, F-350, and F-450 Super Duty|
|$495.00||2008–2016 Ford F-250, F-350, F-450|
|$2549.93||2011–2016 Ford F-250 and F-350 Super Duty|
|$ 1668.85||2011–2016 Ford F-250, F-350, and F-450 Super Duty|
|$3999.93||2013–2018 Ram 1500|
|$ 1668.85||2016–2019 Ram 2500/3500|
|$545.00||2015–2018 Ram 1500, Rebel|
|$1984.75||2010–2018 Ram 2500, 3500|
|$1285.40||2011–2014 Chevy 2500 / 3500|
|$3688.74||2011–2014 Chevy 2500 / 3500|
|$495||2019–2020 Chevy 4500, 5500, 6500|
|$3688.74||2015–2019 GMC 2500/3500|
|$495||2000–2007 GMC 2500, 3500|
|$1668.85||2019–2021 GMC 1500|
|$1984.75||2020–2022 GMC 2500 / 3500|
Frequently Asked Questions
Does a Road Armor Bumper Allow Light Bar Installation?
Yes. Most of the series have multiple lighting options.
Does Road Armor Chrome-Plate Their Bumpers?
No. A chrome-plated bumper is prone to peeling when scratched.
Are Road Armor Products Painted or Powder Coated?
Road Armor products are powder coated in Satin Black finish for more resistance against scratches.
You can order raw metal and finish it locally if you want a custom color for your bumper.